This month’s most legislation amendments:
The Landfill Disposals Tax (Tax Rates) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2020
New rates of Landfill Disposal Tax for Wales will come into effect on the 1st of April 2020. The new rates are:
- Standard rate (non-inert waste): £94.15 per tonne;
- Lower rate (inert waste): £3.00 per tonne;
- Unauthorised disposals rate: £141.20 per tonne
The Environment (EU Exit) (Scotland) (Amendment etc.)(No.2) Regulations 2019
Changes were made to primary and secondary legislation in Scotland to correct deficiencies arising from Brexit. The two pieces of legislation affected are:
- The Waste Batteries (Scotland) Regulations 2009
- The Waste Management Licensing (Scotland) Regulations 2011
These changes came into effect on the 31st of January 2020
The Official Controls (Animals, Feed and Food, Plant Health Fees etc.) (Wales) Regulations 2020
Changes were made to secondary legislation relating to animals, food, trade and plant health fees.
The Plant Health (Wood Packaging Material Marking) (Forestry) Order 2006 was changed in the following ways:
- Article 7 was omitted – which stated the requirement of application fees for a renewal of a certificate or a reassessment.
- Schedule 1 was omitted – which contains individual pricing of application for certificate, renewal of certificate and reassessment.
These changes came into force on the 31st of January 2020
If you need any further assistance with your compliance register, contact us here.
We look forward to hearing from you.