This month’s most legislation amendments are in reference to the UK leaving the EU:
The Landfill Disposals Tax (Wales) Act 2017 (Reliefs) (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2019
Changes have been made regarding; mines and open cast quarries being filled and landfill now being referred to as taxable disposals.
The REACH etc. (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) (No. 3) Regulations 2019
This document has been amended to be sufficient on UK exit day.
The Hazardous Waste (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2019
Waste consignment note has moved back to the producer.
The Environment and Rural Affairs (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019
This amendment clears errors in the legislation made previously as well as prepares for the UK’s exit of the EU.
- The End-of-Life Vehicles Regulations 2003
- The Batteries and Accumulators (Placing on the Market) Regulations 2008
- The Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- The Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011
- The Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012
The Persistent Organic Pollutants (Various Amendments) Regulations 2019
Changes were made in regard to organic persistent pollutants, on the following documents:
- Environment Act 1995
- Hazardous Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2005
- Persistent Organic Pollutants Regulations 2007
If you need any further assistance with your compliance register, contact us here.
We look forward to hearing from you.