Green Element is an Environmental Management Consultancy based in London and Edinburgh. We offer services to all types of organisations from small SMEs up to large corporations.
We are committed to encouraging businesses to develop their relationship with the environment. There are many benefits in doing so, including reduced overheads and improved ‘green’ credentials – powerful for financial growth and public and stakeholder opinion.
The word ‘management’ within our company description is a vital differentiator. Although we are passionate about the environment we are driven by business objectives. We understand the challenges faced by companies of all sizes/sectors and tailor our services to fit. We work within your aims, your objectives, your culture and your timeframe.
We genuinely care about the environment and pride ourselves on driving this same level of enthusiasm within our clients’ workforce. But we understand that any environmental project must motivate people, but not impinge on their work.
Every staff member from cleaners to top management need to be engaged and we provide the impetus for inspiration, including key people in every element of decision-making implementation processes.
We think outside the box – drawing inspiration from a wide range of sources, including our charity work, where we all spend at least one day per month volunteering at a charity of our choice.
Our passionate and dedicated team of environmental analysts advise organisations on energy benchmarking and management, carbon footprint, energy procurement, environmental management and meeting statutory requirements. Click here to have a look at our services section of the website for more information.
How Green Element are able to commit to Charity through an ethical and lean Business Model
Where do we see Environmental Management in 10 years time?
Where do we see Environmental Management in 5 years time?
Meet the Green Element Team
William Richardson, MSc BA (hons) CIWEM AIEMA
- Authored article for the Law Society’s Legal Sustainability Alliance: ‘Implementing an Environmental Management System’.
- Presented paper as guest speaker at Renewable Energy Conference for Hampshire County Council: ‘The Pros and Cons of
Large ScaleWind Turbine Projects and the Concept of a Wind Turbine Co-operative’.
- Runner-up in a national CIWEM competition, presenting a paper discussing car transportation: ‘Passenger Cars, CO2 emissions
energy: What is the future?’. and
- Part-time lecturer at
Universityof Brunel for MSc in Environmental Management for Business, in ISO 14001. specialising
Emma Littlewood, BSc MSc DIC
Matthew Percy, BA (hons)
Lauren Sellers, BSc (hons)
Lauren has a Biology BSc from The University of Sussex
- In University Lauren was part of a successful fossil fuel divestment campaign and founded the student society Climate Action Movement both of these projects focussed on engaging students with environmental issues.
- Lauren has knowledge of administrative skills and database management that she developed in receptionist and coordination roles
- Lauren worked with the climate legal charity Plan B Earth to challenge contradictions between The UK Government’s Climate Change Act and The Paris Agreement.
- Whilst working with Plan B Earth she learned and refined skills in public speaking, networking, fundraising and administration.
- Through studying biology at university, Lauren cultivated precise research and analytical skills. Lauren has experience analysing data in combination with knowledge of environmental issues.
Alex Cronin, BCom BSc
Sarah Pearl BSc
Sarah Pearl – Green Element Sustainability consultant. Sarah is an expert in waste and recycling. Following graduation, from Leeds University with a geography degree, Sarah worked for the Forest Service in Montana in their hydrology team. On her return to the UK, Sarah accepted the role of Minerals and Waste Consultant for The Mineral Planning Group. Following this, she became a Sustainability Executive for Paper Round (a waste and recycling company). Sarah has a broad range of environmental experiences and is well placed to provide valuable advice to businesses.
Green Element Mission Statement & Values
Green Element strives to see things differently – to review life in fresh and alternative ways. We believe in helping our neighbours; reducing environmental impacts; and conducting our business ethically as well as professionally.
We genuinely care about the environment and pride ourselves on driving this same level of enthusiasm within our clients’ workforce. But we understand that any environmental project must motivate people without compromising their work. Every member of staff – from cleaners to top management – needs to be engaged, and we provide the impetus for inspiration, including key people in every element of decision-making implementation processes.
At Green Element, we practice what we preach – because life’s too short to think only of ourselves. We’re in this together. As well as implementing our own environmental policy, we’re proud to be a Certified BCorp; we’re a Living Wage Employer; and we’re committed to giving back through charity work. Please refer us as we will give £50 to a charity of your choice for every referral!
Part of our vision – one we share with the RSA and which is eloquently explained in the video below– is to enrich society through ideas and action: invigorating local community, investing in people, and empowering and inspiring them to work confidently, collaboratively and creatively to drive innovation.