Green Element is a sustainability consultancy that helps companies reduce their environmental impact. We specialise in helping our clients monitor and reduce their environmental impact through running their Environmental Management Systems (EMS) to the internationally recognised ISO 14001:2015 and 50001:2015 Certification standards.
We also assist with regulatory and voluntary reporting standards e.g. ESOS, CRC, CDP, and work on bespoke projects such as developing carbon footprints, sustainability and social impact policies, and assisting clients with energy and waste services procurement etc.
We are a small and friendly company who try to practice what we preach and therefore a proud member of the BCorp community. https://bcorporation.uk/. Though a small team we have some big clients and ambition to match, and some exciting projects in development. If you’d like to grow your career in the environmental consultancy sector, and help shape our growing company, please apply.
The successful applicant will join our small team of consultants, helping clients manage their Environmental Management Systems ready for the annual cycle of audit and improvement, and helping them comply with other regulatory and voluntary environmental reporting standards.
This means keeping in regular touch with the client to ensure that everything is running smoothly and managing the data and evidence collection process required to meet the ISO certification standard.
On a day-to-day basis this means:
- carrying out regular site visits and audits and attending client meetings;
- organising and running ‘green team’ meetings and other employee engagement activities;
- liaising with suppliers to gather data on energy use and waste and recycling;
- ensuring that relevant documentation is on file;
- assisting with the development and implementation of environmental improvement projects, and other ad-hoc tasks for clients;
- pro-actively seeking new business opportunities;
- contributing to our social media presence via blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
We are looking for someone to join our team who’s an all-rounder; someone who:
- enjoys meeting clients and helping them;
- can communicate effectively, whether one-to-one or when presenting to a group;
- enjoys networking and bringing in new business;
- can convey complex material in a clear way on paper (or screen);
- can also find their way round a spreadsheet.
If this sounds like you and you’re:
- Passionate about environmental issues
- Quick to learn
- Pay attention to detail
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us, and outlining your suitability and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org Please put reference “GEJOB0013a” in the subject line.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in a related subject is desirable but not essential
- A couple of years’ experience working in the environmental sector or in a role with skills that are transferable to this role.
- Experience of ISO14001 or 50001 Environmental Management systems desirable
- Resourceful with a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Ability to think strategically, plan, work and organise multiple projects simultaneously
- Business writing skills – for reports or engaging website copy e.g. blogs
- Ability to communicate effectively and present at meetings
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
Our staff work independently from client sites as well as from home, so you should expect to travel, primarily in London, but often further afield, and be comfortable with hot desking. A lot of our work is deadline driven, so you need to be able to manage your time to fit around clients as well as your own needs.
Salary commensurate with experience
This job application is now closed