What is the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)?
If you would like a quick ESOS Phase 2 quote, please fill in this short series of questions here
– or phone Emma on 07977 517128
ESOS (The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) is a mandatory energy assessment scheme that applies to large UK undertakings and their corporate groups that are large enough to meet the qualification criteria set out below.
Which organisations qualify for ESOS?
Any UK large undertaking – defined as:
a UK company that either:
- employs 250 or more people, OR
- has an annual turnover in excess of 50 million euro (£44,845,000), and an annual balance sheet total in excess of 43 million euro (£38,566,700)
Failure to comply with ESOS will result in financial penalties ranging from up to £50,000 with a sealing of £90,000.
If you would like a quick ESOS quote, please fill in this short series of questions here – or phone Emma on 07977 517128
What are the deadlines for ESOS Phase II compliance?
December 31st 2018 – Qualification date for compliance.
December 5th 2019 – Proof of compliance (covering the period from December 6th 2015 to December 5th 2019).
What can you do now to begin your ESOS Phase 2 compliance?
- Choose an ESOS Lead Assessor from the register of lead assessors
- Carry out an ESOS energy assessment of your buildings, processes and transport
- Gather the energy data for your twelve months’ reference period, which overlaps the reference date of 31st December 2018
- If you have an Environmental Management System (EMS) or an Energy Management System (EnMS) you can efficiently streamline your ESOS obligations within your ISO 14001 EMS and/or utilitise your EnMS certified to 50001 using the same energy audits and energy data for both – or all three – reporting platforms.
ESOS Services offered by Green Element:
Help deciding whether you meet the Phase 2 qualification criteria
Between ESOS Audits, ISO 50001 or DEC certificates
Assessing your current status and what will be required to achieve compliance
Produce a clear strategy and timeline detailing your route to compliance
Gathering the energy data you need from your business’s facilities and transport
Conducting the obligatory ESOS audit
Produce report with energy-savings recommendations, audit outcomes
ESOS Compliance Statement
Report of compliance to the Environment Agency
ESOS Evidence Pack
Pack of evidence as stipulated by ESOS guidelines