Organised by Grant Thornton UK LLP and Green Element, Environmental Management ConsultantsThis full-day event is aimed at Senior Managers and Directors responsible for buildings and facilities management.
This event is for you if:
- You’re keen to improve your environmental impact and learn more.
- You’re responsible for Environmental Management, Energy Reporting or Data management in your organisation.
- You want to learn more about ISO 14001 and how to apply.
- You want to be part of a community of like-minded individuals and learn from others in the sector.
- You want to learn actionable and practical tips you can go away and implement right now.
- You want to find out how to get someone to come into your organisation and do it all for you.
What to expect from this event:
- Proof you can make your investment in environmental management work.
- Learn from others in the sector.
- Learn how to identify value for your business moving forwards.
- Learn new processes and new ways of doing things
- Feel inspired.
- Be part of a community.
- 09:00 – 09:30 – Registration & Networking
- 09:30 – 09:45 – Welcome & Introduction
- 09:45 – 10:15 – Environmental Speed Dating – Get to know each other
- 10:15 – 10:30 – Case Study: How one unlikely company has made their investment in Environmental Management work in their business and why they continue to invest in innovative ways to minimise waste and reduce their carbon footprint.
- 10:30 – 10:45 – Carbon Footprinting and Benchmarking your business against others. How it helps your business grow and reduce your environmental impacts. A new online software designed by Green Element; www.compareyourfootprint.com.
- 10:45 – 11:00 – Tea & Coffee Break
- 11:00 – 12:30 – Workshop Sessions (Delegates to select FIRST & SECOND choice)
- > Workshop 1: ISO 14001 – What you need to know and how to prepare (Aimed at Newbies)
- > Workshop 2: How to make your buildings perform better environmentally
- > Workshop 3: Your ONE thing – if you’ve not approached environmental management before – what’s the ONE thing you can focus on right now that will make the biggest impact in your business.
- 12:30 – 13:30 – Lunch & Networking
- 13:30 – 14:00 – Case Study Discussion – How streamlining your data and management KPIs can aid internal and external marketing and communications. Will include an interactive session and Q and A panel.
- 14:00 – 14:15 – Case Study: ISO 14001 & ISO 50001 Process – Trials, Tribulations and Successes
- 14:30 – 14:45 – Tea & Coffee Break
- 14:45 – 15:00 – Topolytics is a data and analytics business focussed on industrial, commercial and post-consumer waste. Our vision is to enhance the value of waste materials as a resource by creating a live, digital meta-map of waste generation, movement and disposal/recycling.
- 15:00 – 15:45 – Waste Management Forum – Q&A opportunities to discuss your waste management challenges/successes with a panel of experts and people working on Environmental management in their business right now.
- 15:45 – 16:30 – Workshop: Getting everyone in your organisation on-board with Environmental Management despite conflicting priorities – how to embrace change and encourage action.
- 16:30 – 17:00 – Discussion – What does good business look like in 12 months time for you and what you need to do to get there.
- 17:00 – 17:30 – Event Close & Community Networking and Support Moving Forwards
Days until the event
Grant Thornton UK LLP
30 Finsbury Square,