Green Element’s energy-management consultancy helps businesses identify their core goals and objectives, be that financial gain through a reduced energy spend; a more responsible corporate image – beneficial for tenders and marketing – or to ensure compliance with buildings, energy and climate-change legislation.
This service includes an energy management assessment; and detailed data gathering through energy metering, monitoring and targeting in order to construct achievable targets and roadmap actions.
Energy management assessment
- Identify poor practice areas in energy management.
- Identify gaps in information, including energy data, systems processes, and accountabilities.
- Identify pre-existing energy-management structures that could be built upon.
- Complete energy-management assessment checklist, including:
- Energy policy and/or strategy in place?
- Operational procedures in place – and adhered to?
- Procurement policy for energy technology and energy-rated equipment?
- Workforce engagement and communication?
- Conduct energy survey
- Construct road map for energy-management procedure
Energy metering, monitoring and targeting
- Analyse sub-metering and interval data status (drawing on initial energy-management assessment, as above).
- Diagramatise data sources broken down by energy category.
- Validation and cross-matching of all available energy-consumption data.
- Monitoring and analysis of all interval and manual reading data from meters.
- In-depth normalised data analysis (normalised for building type, occupancy levels, outside air temperature and energy demands specific to the business).
- Benchmark energy-usage statistics against similar organisations and buildings.
- Calculate KPIs (key performance indicators) and benchmarking.
- Identify areas of energy wastage and potential energy-reduction actions.
- Construct targets for energy reduction and roadmap actions, with all stakeholders’ engagement.