Internship with Green Element (Edinburgh Office)
Would you like the opportunity to gain experience in the environmental sector helping companies reduce their environmental impact? Green Element is a growing environmental management consultancy and is looking for someone that holds environmental issues close to their heart to work with us on a 2-month internship. For the right person, the internship may convert into an opportunity to work for us as a sustainability analyst, gathering and analysing organisations’ environmental performance data. The position is based at the Gogarburn entrepreneurial centre at RBS in Edinburgh. The role would initially involve assisting Green Element’s CEO and Founder with administrative tasks such as keeping social media up-to-date and bookkeeping, but we would expect you to learn what’s involved in the role of sustainability analyst. The role would suit a recent graduate from a numerate discipline with analytical skills The role which the internship would develop into, if you were suitable, is that of a sustainability analyst, for which the requisite skills and attributes would be:
- Advanced Excel 2013 skills including the ability to manipulate large data sets (e.g. tables, cross-referencing, links, mathematical formulae, charts and use of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts, importing & exporting)
- Knowledge and experience of data visualisation applications, ideally Power BI
- Excellent report-writing and PowerPoint skills; good command of language and the ability to convey information concisely
- Technically proficient with Windows-based applications and technology. Able to troubleshoot basic computer problems or source the help to do so
- Tenacity and pragmatism in overcoming data-gathering and communication hurdles
- A commitment to sustainability policy and action and to the importance of climate change and environmental responsibility
- Knowledge and experience of sustainability reporting such as benchmarking and target-setting for a range of sustainability metrics e.g. energy analysis, and greenhouse gas emissions calculations and reporting
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us, and outlining your suitability and experience to [email protected] Please put reference “GEJOB0012a” in the subject line. This is a paid internship at the minimum national living wage plus any travelling expenses outside of going to and from the office – RBS HQ Gogarburn. We are looking for someone to start in December. We are flexible and are keen to have the right person on board……
This month’s most legislation amendments: The Climate Change Act 2008 (2050 Target Amendment) Order 2019 The target has changed for the UK from 80% reduction to 100% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by the year 2050. The Renewable Heat Incentive...
This month I spent my charity day at The Harington Scheme (college for young adults with learning difficulties). 'You are the recycling person,' one Harington learner said to me as I arrived. 'That's right,' I replied. I was happy that my recycling lesson...
On the 23rd September in NY the As global climate strike week draws to a close, we at Green Element reflect on how we feel it went. 'I’m out of the office… Just took a long lunch break to prevent mass starvation'. To kick off the week on the 20th September Green...