Green Element is a Environmental Management Consultancy that helps companies reduce their environmental impact. We specialise in helping our clients monitor and reduce their environmental impact through running their Environmental Management Systems (EMS) to the internationally recognised ISO 14001:2015 and 50001:2015 Certification standards. We have a number of online service offerings that can help businesses reduce their impact; Sustainability Solved by Will Richardson, Green Element Academy, SME Impact Assessment and our Podcast.
We also assist with regulatory and voluntary reporting standards e.g. ESOS, CRC, CDP, and work on bespoke projects such as developing carbon footprints, sustainability and social impact policies, and assisting clients with energy and waste services procurement etc.
We are a small and friendly company who try to practise what we preach and therefore a proud member of the BCorp community. https://bcorporation.uk/. Though we are a small team, we have some big clients and ambition to match, and some exciting projects in development. If you’d like to grow your career in the environmental consultancy sector, and help shape our growing company, please apply.
The successful applicant will join our small team of consultants and analysts, helping us market our services through a number of digital platforms and social channels.
On a day-to-day basis this means:
- Funnel Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Increasing website traffic via strategic content creation
- Improve our interaction with website traffic through our web bots
- Help design our website and improve our landing pages
- Help grow the podcast with both new guests and new listeners
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities
- Contributing to our digital footprint via the publication of blog posts and social media posts (primarily Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter).
We are looking for someone to join our team who:
- is a self-starter with a highly proactive approach
- is a team player who enjoys working with others towards a common goal
- has a strong ethical and moral compass
- wants to the right thing and is happy to stand up and say so
- is willing to go the extra mile to deliver something that they are proud of
- has the capacity to learn from their peers and is humble enough to listen to everyone
If this sounds like you and you’re also:
- Passionate about environmental issues
- Quick to learn
- And have a keen eye for attention to detail
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in a related subject is desirable but not essential
- A couple of years’ experience working in marketing within a digital environment
- Experience of working in sustainability is desirable but not essential, but a passion for sustainability, the environment, and tackling the climate crisis is essential
- Resourceful with a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Wants to help organisations to reduce their environmental impact.
- Ability to think strategically, plan, work and organise multiple projects simultaneously
- Business writing skills – for reports or engaging website copy e.g. blogs
- Ability to communicate effectively – given the nature of the role, your written and spoken English must be excellent
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
We are currently working out of an RBS office in St Andrews Square, Edinburgh. We will be moving in March to somewhere else in Edinburgh. Location easy to get to on transport links.
Salary commensurate with experience (£18k – £21k)
Then please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us. We would also like you to give us an example of how you have successfully promoted and grown a product or service within your application letter. Please send your email and both attachments to [email protected]
Please put reference “GEJOB0014a” in the subject line.
Recent Blog Posts
by Susannah Littlewood COP25 debrief - what the UK needs to do as the world prepares for COP26 in Glasgow Thanks to our guest blogger this week, Susannah Littlewood, for her excellent piece on COP25 and the much anticipated COP26 in Glasgow. Mid-December saw the...Read More
From Quirky Offices To Additional Policies: How Businesses Are Going Green Many businesses are switching to sustainable practices in response to concerns over climate change and the consequences on our environment. In fact, the State of Green Business Report 2018...Read More
'Do you want to play chess?' one guest asked me. 'Sure why not?' I chirped. Some time later I had lost for the third time in a row! This gentleman's board game skills were pretty advanced. Unfortunately, this man had become homeless due to no fault of his own....Read More