Green Element are looking for someone with analytical and consulting skills that holds environmental issues close to their heart. We are a small company with some big clients. We offer a job that will be colourful and varied, helping companies reduce their environmental impact. You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills within the fast-growing world of sustainability reporting and consulting.
You will be working from our London shared office working space as well as independently from client sites and from home, so you should be good at managing your time to fit around clients as well as your own needs.
You should have excellent analytical abilities and have a fantastic eye for detail. You should also be comfortable with meeting clients, have strong communication skills and the ability to listen.
The role would suit someone with 1-2 years’ experience working as an analyst in the sustainability sector or in an equivalent analytical role with transferable skills to be confident handling electricity data and billing and contract information.
The role will involve:
- Data cleansing- identifying conflicts, gaps and finding resolutions from data providers or through alternative interpretation
- Organising, maintaining and analysing the collected data in Excel and PowerPivot and Power BI
- Translating the data, creating reports, drawing conclusions and recommendations for changes to improve energy, carbon & financial savings for clients
- Communicating the findings to end users through Power BI, PowerPoint and other communications platforms
- Visiting clients as required, many of whom are London-based (but not all)
- Performing research, reviews and analysis for ad hoc requests and blogs.
- Assisting with ISO 14001 and Environmental Management Systems and working with the consultants to accomplish this
- Working closely with the senior analyst, sometimes working collaboratively on Microsoft Teams
- Advanced Excel skills including the ability to manipulate large data sets (e.g. tables, cross-referencing, links, mathematical formulae, charts, Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts, importing & exporting)
- Experience and love of data manipulation, organisation, identification of anomalies and gaps, and provision of solutions
- Excellent report-writing and PowerPoint skills; good command of language and the ability to convey information concisely
- Technically proficient with Windows-based applications and technology. Able to troubleshoot basic computer problems or source the help to do so
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and clients, and to listen to a diverse range of people in a way that can be translated into actions tailored to the differing requirements of each stakeholder
- Good project management and organisational skills.
- Flexible and able to assist with projects, site visits, and ISO 14001 audits with the wider team
- Knowledge and experience of data visualisation applications, ideally Power BI
- Knowledge and experience of Excel PowerPivot
- Familiarity with collection and analysis of half hourly electricity data
- Understanding of benchmarking and target-setting for a range of sustainability metrics
- Familiarity with greenhouse gas emissions calculations and reporting
- Advanced Excel skills:
- Exporting / importing to/from Access
- Tenacity and pragmatism (in overcoming data-gathering and communication hurdles)
- Be based in London with the ability to travel outside London occasionally
- Enjoy working independently: at our shared office, on client sites or form home, with the discipline and experience required to do this effectively
- A commitment to sustainability policy and action
- A desire to work for a small, intimate, friendly and enthusiastic organisation
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
Do you know of anyone who would be interested in working for a truly environmental management consultancy and who believe in putting the client and environment first? If this sounds like you or someone you know that can be based in the London area, then please ask them to complete the following:
- Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at this kind of consultancy to [email protected] by the deadline midnight of Sunday 1st September
- Please put reference “GEJOB0014” in the subject line.
- Please state where you heard about the job.
- Please also fill in the following questions that will tell us about your experience using Excel; https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GEJOB014.
- We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, but are flexible and keen to have the right person on board……
If you would like further information on Green Element and the type of clients we work with then please visit www.greenelement.co.uk
Recent Blog Posts
"What we do now, and in the next few years, will profoundly affect the next few thousand years" David Attenborough We at Green Element are looking forward to joining millions around the world on Friday 20th of September for the Global Climate Strike to continue the...Read More
As the British public becomes increasingly more aware of how their actions can impact the environment, it’s all the more important to teach children how they can help protect our planet. Here, Rachel Hall, Managing Director of online educational resource Busy...Read More
Today we are very lucky to have a guest blogger on our website. Ruby Clarkson is a freelance writer who is passionate about our planet and the animals that we share it with. Read on to learn from Ruby about waste disposal costs. The aim of every business is to keep...Read More
This month I spent my charity day at The Harington Scheme (college for young adults with learning difficulties). The day kicked off with a morning gardening session. Learners showed me around the plots, and we identified all the different crops. Due to the...Read More